At NEWGEN DIGITALWORKS PRIVATE LIMITED , We have a CSR policy to guide the organization’s strategic planning and provide a roadmap for its CSR initiatives, which is an integral part of overall business policy and aligned with its business goals.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a set of actions performed by Newgen that enables business operations to improve, maintain, or mitigate the company’s impact on society and the environment.
- Core elements:
Our CSR policy covers the following core elements:
- Care for stakeholders
- Ethical functioning
- Respect for employee’s rights and welfare
- Respect for human rights
- Respect for environment
- Activities for social and inclusive development
- Protection of Fauna
- Care for Stakeholders
Newgen respects the interests of, and is responsive towards, all stakeholders, including investors, employees, customers, suppliers, project-affected people, society at large, and so forth, and creates value for all of them. We strive to continuously develop mechanisms to actively engage with all stakeholders, inform them of inherent risks and mitigate them where they occur.
- Ethical Functioning
Newgen’s governance systems are underpinned by Ethics, Transparency and Accountability. We will not engage in business practices that are abusive, unfair, corrupt or anti-competitive.
- Respect for employee’s Rights and Welfare
Newgen ensures provision of a workplace environment that is safe, hygienic and humane and which upholds the dignity of employees. All employees are provided access to training and development of necessary skills for career advancement, on an equal and non-discriminatory basis. We do not employ child or forced labor and provide and maintain equality of opportunities without any discrimination on any grounds in recruitment and during employment.
- Respect for Human Rights
Newgen respects human rights for all and avoids complicity with human rights abuses by them or by third parties.
- Respect for Environment
Newgen takes measures to check and prevent pollution; recycle, manage and reduce waste; manage natural resources in a sustainable manner and ensure optimal use of resources like land and water. We strive to proactively respond to the challenges of climate change by adopting cleaner operation methods, promoting efficient use of energy and environment-friendly technologies.
We also ensure maintenance of ecological balance through our Eco-Tree Project, which contributes to Tamil Nadu’s depleting environment by regreening initiatives and thus increasing the tree cover in the state, both urban and rural areas. The project also set up affordable, sustainable and replicable tree planting models. Eco-Tree Project provides holistic support for converting a barren piece of land into a lush green forest within 5 years using the Miyawaki Urban Forest creation method.
- Activities for Social and Inclusive Development
We have undertaken activities for economic and social development of communities and geographical areas in the vicinity of our operations.
- A Day Care Facility for children with developmental challenges like Autism, Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy and Multiple Disabilities. The center provides a wide range of services that include Medical Intervention, Healing Education, External therapy Physiotherapy and Family Support Services to the underprivileged special needs children from the local community.
- An After School Program Which provides academic help to the children and builds on skills required for academic success. Along with the academic, the program also helps the children acquire life improving, social and emotional skills through various other programs.
- A full-time schooling programme which focuses on a child centric program catered to children with learning disabilities and school drop out from under privileged backgrounds. The objective is to provide education towards meaningful, empowering and enriching livelihood.
- A Teacher Training Programme which aims at making classroom teaching extremely effective, efficient, child friendly and employs research based Multi-Sensory Teaching Methodologies, which supports the child in a holistic manner and reduces the workload of the mainstream teachers. These trainings are conducted in collaboration with normal stream schools and training institutes.
- Protection of Fauna
We have undertaken activities for protection including medical treatment of various Fauna like Dog, Cat and cattle by obtaining donations for specific nature.
- Providing shelter for Fauna like Dog, Cat and cattle
- Providing medical treatment
- Providing healthy food
- Appointment manpower to handle and take care of fauna
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee :-
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 135 of the Act, the Board of Directors shall constitute the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee. The Members of CSR shall be appointed by the Board of Directors of the Company which must consist of at least two or more Directors. Accordingly, the constitution of CSR Committee formed by NEWGEN DIGITALWORKS PRIVATE LIMITED is as follows:S.NoName of the Member1Mr. H. Shankar - Director2Mr.Venkataraman Prabhakar Ram - Managing Director
- Functions and Powers of Committee
To effectively implement the objectives of the Company with respect to CSR, the Committee is vested with the following functions and powers:
- Formulate CSR Policy and recommend the same to the Board of Directors of the Company for approval
- Recommend CSR activities as stated under Schedule VII of the Act
- Approve to undertake CSR activities, if necessary, in collaboration with group companies/other Companies/firms/NGOs etc., and to separately report the same in line with the CSR Rules
- Recommend the CSR Budget
- Spend the allocated CSR amount on the CSR activities once it is approved by the Board of Directors of the Company in accordance with the Act and the CSR Rules
- Create transparent monitoring mechanism for implementation of CSR initiatives in India
- Submit the Reports to the Board in respect of the CSR activities undertaken by the Company
- Monitor CSR Policy from time to time
- Monitor activities/charter of Internal Working and Monitoring Group (WG) who are authorized to ensure that the CSR activities of the Company are implemented effectively
- Authorize executives of the Company to attend the CSR Committee Meetings, if necessary
- Functions and Powers of Committee
- Meetings of the Committee
For smooth functioning of the Committee, the members shall meet as below to discuss such matters and to take such decisions as may be necessary;
- The CSR Committee shall hold a minimum number of two meetings in a year.
- The members of the Committee may mutually agree between them regarding time and place for the said meetings.
- The quorum for the CSR Committee Meeting shall be one-third of its total strength (any fraction contained in that one-third be rounded off as one) or two members, whichever is higher.
- The Members of the Committee may participate in the meeting either in person or through video conferencing or other audio visual means as may be convenient.