Project Manager - Education
Temporary contract, Full-time
Newgen KnowledgeWorks is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a project manager to come and work on our expanding list of education titles. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our customers.
This is a 13 month maternity cover contract. It would suit a candidate with at least three years’ publishing experience in the education sector, who is looking to take their next step in the industry.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
Salary £23,000–£29,000 depending on experience
Mail your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23rd May 2022
- To schedule and manage the editorial stages of large scale multi-component publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To manage project teams comprising freelance project managers and in-house project editors on large scale multi-component publishing products.
- To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in, and often leading, conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To add value for our customers by identifying potential project risks and issues as early as possible and proactively managing these by offering possible solutions based on their own publishing experience and knowledge.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To contribute to workflow development and documentation, ensuring processes are tailored to customer needs.
- To assist the education director and/or senior project manager and mentor project editors as required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- At least three years’ educational publishing experience.
- Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: