Senior Production Editor – Academic Team
Newgen Publishing UK is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. Part of the Newgen Knowledge Works group, we provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Editor to come and work in our busy academic department. This is a permanent role, reporting into the Team Leader.
The successful candidate will do the following:
- Provide support to the Team Leader, including arranging, attending and managing client meetings as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to look across accounts and have an awareness of issues and presenting solutions.
- Oversee production of a list of academic titles, from receipt of author’s manuscript to supply of final files to the client, including complex projects.
- Liaise with the author, the client and suppliers.
- Manage the schedule and the budget for each title, working to scales prices and a client deadline.
- Provide support for QAs and other tasks, including regular processing of new titles as required.
The day-to-day tasks of the role are:
- To commission and supply work to freelance copy-editors, indexers and proof readers; monitor their work and provide feedback as necessary.
- To keep both the client and author updated on the production of their title, and respond to any queries.
- Liaise with the typesetter, sending edited text for typesetting and corrected proofs for revision.
- Collate corrections from the author and proof reader onto one set, and check revised proofs against these corrections.
- Supply final files to the client on time and on budget.
- Attend team meetings online as required.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
£24,000–£26,000 depending on experience.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- At least two years’ publishing experience, preferably in academic publishing.
Deadline: 23rd September 2022
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: