Senior production editor, Academic
Permanent, Full time
Newgen KnowledgeWorks is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a senior production editor to come and work in our busy academic department. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our customers.
This is a permanent, full-time position. It would suit a candidate with at least two years’ publishing experience, who is looking to take their next step in the industry.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
Salary £22,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
Mail your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd May 2022
- To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To assist the education and ELT director and/or portfolio manager as required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- Previous publishing experience, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes.
- Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
- Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful.
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: