Project Manager - Academic journals
Newgen Publishing UK is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. Part of the Newgen KnowledgeWorks group, we provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a proactive Project Manager to join our busy production editorial department and to come and work on a new, high-profile journals account. Reporting to the Project Leader, this role will involve hands-on project management of the journals from manuscript submission through to final files and will be vital to the company in ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality digital (and some print) projects for our customers.
This role can be based in our office in Stroud, UK, or from home. Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
£26,000–£28,000 depending on experience.
- Project management of a key account’s journals through production, managing article/report workflows from receipt of manuscript to delivery of final files.
- Liaising with the author, the client, journal editors and suppliers. Keeping both the client and author updated on the production of a report/article and responding to any queries.
- Supplying work to freelance copyeditors as required; monitoring their work and providing feedback as necessary.
- Checking author and proofreader corrections and revised proofs.
- Working closely with the typesetting and technology teams to ensure the customer is receiving a high-quality service.
- Delivering to KPIs including quality and schedule.
- Involvement in workflow efficiency and innovation within the account managed.
- Helping to support the implementation of new technology and platforms.
- Attending regular meetings with the Project Leader.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- a minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in STM or academic publishing, preferably in a journal's operation.
- a high aptitude for excellent customer service.
Deadline: 12th June 2023
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note this is a UK salary for onshore employees – anyone employed offshore for this role will be offered in-line with other offshore-based employees working for us, or it will be based upon competitive local salaries if we have no one already working for us in that country.
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: